- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 0.5 cup Poha (Flattened Rice)
- 0.5 tsp Chat Masala
- 0.5 tsp Coriander cumin powder
- 5-6 sprigs Coriander
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder (or as per taste)
- 1 cup Onions
- 4 Green Chillies
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbs All purpose flour with little water to make a thick paste
- Mix Whole wheat flour, rice flour, 1.5 tsp salt, 1 tsp oil and mix well. Slowly add water to make a soft dough.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix Onions,poha,coriander cumin powder, Chilli powder,chat masala, salt,chopped green chillies and mix well.
- The water from the onions is absorbed by poha.
- Roll the dough into small balls and roll each ball in to thin chapathi/tortilla.
- Take a pan and slightly cook the chapati on both the sides. Do not cook it completely. We have to slightly do it inorder to be able to cut the chapathi into strips and stuff them.
- Now cut them into small rectangular strips.
- Roll a strip in the shape of a cone and stuff it with the stuffing. Press the stuffing with fingers and fold and stick the open ends using the all purpose flour/maida paste.
- Now heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the samosas.Double fry for golden color and more crispy texture.
- Serve with ketchup or cilantro chutney.
Healthy additions/substitutes/other alternatives
- If baking then they have to baked at 425F(220C) for 18-20 minutes, flipping them after 10 minutes.
- Try different stuffings like paneer curry, Aloo curry, just the veggies, spinach and cheese etc.
The above recipe approximately 25 mini samosas.
Nutrition in each samosa
- Carbs: 10.2 gm
- Fiber: 0.7 gm
- Protein: 1.2 gm