- 20 gms Oats
- 1 Medium Gala Apple
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 5 almonds
- 5 walnuts
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1.5 tbsp Dried Cranberries
- Powder the oats.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender for 5 minutes.
Add ice if needed.
Healthy additions/substitutes/other alternatives
Below are some variations to the smoothie.
- Dates or honey can be added too. Dates are rich in iron.
- Add crushed nuts if you are a fan of texture like me.
- Can make ice pops with this recipe too.
- Instead of Almond milk use greek yogurt to make it a low carb smoothie. When adding greek yogurt, add some water.
- Add protein powder for a change.
- Make the recipe without oats too.
- Try making the smoothie with cottage cheese instead of milk to make it a protein drink.
- Add chia seeds to the smoothie after blending and let it sit for 25-30 minutes. This gives a different taste and texture.
The above recipe serves 2
Each serving is (Total Nutrition)/2.
- Carbs: 41.5 gm
- Fiber: 9.1 gm
- Net Carbs: 32.3 gm
- Protein: 7.4 gm