- 2 cups cooked Basmati or Long Grain Rice
- 3 medium Potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup Cauliflower florets
- 50 gm Cashews
- 8-9 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic pods
- 4 Cloves
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 bunches Mint
- 1 bunch Coriander
- Salt as needed
- Ghee or clarified butter
- 1/4th tsp turmeric
- In a pan heat some clarified butter and add cloves, pepper,cinnamon and slit green chillies
- Add potatoes and cauliflower and saute it for 4-5 minutes.
- In a blender grind ginger,garlic,1 green chilly,mint, coriander roughly.
- Add this mixture to the veggies.
- Mix well. Saute for 3 minutes
- In the next step either add cooked rice or raw rice that is washed and rinsed.
- Add needed salt and if you have used the raw rice add 1 cup raw rice and 1.75 cups water and cook it in the rice cooker.Add 1-2 tbsp ghee or clarified butter.
- Garnish with toasted cashews.
- Serve it with masala papad on the side.
Healthy additions/substitutes/other alternatives
Mint Pulav can be made with a of of variations.
- When you add onions and tomatoes it gives a different taste.
- You can add Biryani masala for another variation in taste and color.
- Instead of adding just the mint and coriander, making a paste of mint, coriander, ginger,garlic,greenchillies and yogurt and using it for the pulav gives another taste.
- Adding corn to it gives a slight sweetness to the dish.
This recipes serves 4.
Nutrition Values per serving = (Total Nutrition)/4
- Carbs : 42.5gm
- Fiber : 2.7gm
- Protein : 6.7gm