- Whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 1/4 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Yogurt / Curd – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Milk as needed to thin the batter a little
- Tutti fruity
- Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients first. Then add the wet ingredients.
- Mix everything using a whisk. Add milk spoon by spoon to thin out the batter a little.
- Dust the 8*8 pan and pour the cake batter.
- Either mix the tutti frutti in the batter or layer it on the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut it into 20 equal squares.
Healthy additions/substitutes/other alternatives
- Can layer the cake with sliced almonds/walnuts.
- Replace brown sugar with Pitted dates. To replace 3/4th cup of brown sugar, crush 12-15 dates and add let it soak in yogurt for 30 minutes. Once it softens add to the cake batter.
- If you like to use a frosting, blend whipped cream and strawberries with some vanilla essence and pipe or layer the frosting on the cake.
- This cake has been a hit everytime i made it. Try different variations for the toppings like sunflower seeds, chiaseeds granola.
- Carbs: 15 gm
- Fiber: 1.5 gm
- Protein: 1.5 gm
Nutrition Facts for the alternative ingredients.
Here is a tip that works for us to make sure that there is no fast spike in the blood glucose with this cake. I bump up the protein by adding more hemp seeds or nuts.