- 1 cup Chick pea flour
- 0.5 cup Soy flour (optional)
- 2 cups chopped Spinach
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt as needed
- Chilli Powder as needed (optional)
- Fennel Seeds (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Baking Soda
- In a bowl take chickpea flour,soy flour, garam masala, salt, chilli powder, fennel seeds and mix them properly.
- Then roll in the chopped spinach.
- Add water little by little to make it a not too thick or not too runny mixture. It should hold up well when trying to put in the oil.
- Tell small scoops and put small dumplings in the hot oil.
- When you see the oil bubbling coming down then, take them set out from the oil on to a paper towl to absorb the excess oil.
Healthy additions/substitutes/other alternatives
- If you dont want to use the soy flour you can use the Chickpea flour only for the whole measure.
- Corn fritters can be made in the similar way too….half cup of corn is 15 carbs.
- Paneer fritters can be made too..but first paneer has to marinated with all the spices and then follow the similar process as above.
- 100 gms of paneer has 1 carb,0 sugars and 18gm of protein.
- Along with chopped spinach, you can roll in some cashews too.
- 1 OZ of cashews has 30 carbs,3.3 fiber,5.9 sugars and 18 gm protein.
Nutrition Facts for the total recipe.
- Total Carbs: 73 gm
- Fiber : 15 gm
- Net carbs:58 gm
- Protein: 45 gm
How to calculate nutrition facts for a serving size
- First take the weight of the fritters made from the whole batter.
- Now see the above table for the values.
- Take your serving size.(eg: 100 gm weight)
- Then calculate for the serving size you take based on the whole nutrition facts.