- 0.5 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 0.25 cup Uncooked Rajma
- Green chillies – 1 or 2
- 1 small Onion
- 1 Medium Tomato
- Cinnamon Stick
- Bay Leaves
- Rajma Masala
- Cumin – 1/4 tsp
- Cook Quinoa as per cooking instructions. (Quinoa: water = 1:1 ratio).
- Once cooked and cooled down, fluff it with a fork.
- In a pan, add oil. Once the oil is heated add cumin, green chillies,Bay leaves,Cinnamon Stick and Cloves. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Chopped onion and Tomatoes (Even tomato puree can be used.).
- Saute for 6-7 minutes after adding salt as needed.
- Now add the cooked Rajma.(To cook Rajma, first soak it in water for 5-6 hours and then pressure cook for 3 whistles or till they get soft. When you press a cooked Rajma bean between thumb and forefinger it should be soft and easily squished.)
- Then add Rajma Masala and adjust the salt and spice.
- Now when there is no more water left in the gravy add cooked Quinoa.Simmer the stove and close the lid. Let it steam for 4-5 minutes. Turn off the stove and then it is ready to be served.
Healthy additions/substitutes/other alternatives
- Add more veggies of your choice.
- Can be served with Sour cream drizzled on top.
- Pipe the avocado dip on top. To make the avocado dip…blend Avocado,Jalapenos,Salt and coriander.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander or kasuri methi (dried fenugreek)
This recipe serves 2.
Each serving = (Total Nutrition/2)
- Carbs: 40 gm
- Fiber: 10 gm
- Net Carbs : 30 gm
- Protein: 10.5 gm